Wolf Tears
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ye Shall Be As Gods

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cryptozoology

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
zrgal
Roleplayer
zrgal

DP : 529153

Cryptozoology Empty
PostSubject: Cryptozoology   Cryptozoology EmptyThu 18 Nov - 17:56

I've heard many things in my younge life, but I think this tops the cake. My quistion to the poster. What is Cryptozoology? I have absolutly no clue what it is and being the young teen that I am, I am driven to find out the answer. . . or untill I get board with looking. Can anyone help out this younge fox?
Back to top Go down
CrystalKitten
CrystalKitten

DP : 500046

Cryptozoology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryptozoology   Cryptozoology EmptyThu 18 Nov - 22:04

ok i found this, but i'm not sure how accurate it is:

Cryptozoology (from Greek κρυπτός, kryptos, "hidden" + zoology; literally, "study of hidden animals") refers to the search for animals which are considered to be legendary or otherwise nonexistent by mainstream biology. This includes looking for living examples of animals that are considered extinct, such as dinosaurs; animals whose existence lacks physical support but which appear in myths, legends, or are reported, such as Bigfoot and Chupacabra;[1] and wild animals dramatically outside of their normal geographic ranges, such as phantom cats or "ABCs" (an initialism commonly used by cryptozoologists that stands for Alien Big Cats).

Those involved in cryptozoological study are known as cryptozoologists. The animals they study are often referred to as cryptids, a term coined by John Wall in 1983.[2]

Cryptozoology is not a recognized branch of the science of zoology. Its status as a science has been questioned[3] since it relies heavily upon anecdotal evidence, stories and alleged sightings,[4] and has been referred to as a pseudoscience.[5]

here's the web addy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptozoology
Back to top Go down
silviangrey
Admin
silviangrey

DP : 533994

Cryptozoology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryptozoology   Cryptozoology EmptyFri 19 Nov - 0:19

It is, as you found Crystalkitten. Basicly its the study of undescovered animals, as well as the stuffy of potentially real creatures of myth as well. Werewolves would fall into this category, as would other shapeshifters or changelings, as well as the study of lockness monster and such. Anyways Yes its exactly as you found Crystalkitten.

If you ever watched the TV show Sanctuary on Syfy channel, basically what they do is cryptozoology but (only its a Fantasy TV show) but they go around catching and protecting what they call Abnormals. Which is Bigfoot, super sized spiders, and basicly any creature that we would not think to exist.

Even Dragons would fall under category of cryptozoology.

Anyways Enjoy and ask away with questions.
Back to top Go down
https://wolftears.rpg-board.net
CrystalKitten
CrystalKitten

DP : 500046

Cryptozoology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryptozoology   Cryptozoology EmptyFri 19 Nov - 0:26

yeah, i kinda copied and pasted it, from the site. i had looked it up before but couldn't quite remember lol. but made sure to put the link there too, so that way anyone could get more info if they wanted.
Back to top Go down
zrgal
Roleplayer
zrgal

DP : 529153

Cryptozoology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryptozoology   Cryptozoology EmptyTue 23 Nov - 14:49

Hey thanks K and Silv. That was very helpfull, I once thought I saw a chinese Lung flying next to the sun when I was in middle school
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cryptozoology Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryptozoology   Cryptozoology Empty

Back to top Go down

Cryptozoology
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wolf Tears :: Wolf Tears Paranormal Department :: Wolf Tears Paranormal Department :: Department of Earth - Cryptozoology-
Jump to: